Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake



I have missed a couple of bakes since my last post here with The Home Bakers ( THB ), a group which we are all currently baking from the book, Coffee Cakes by Lou Seibert Pappas. This is our 35th bake, a recipe chosen by Mich of Piece of Cake. It is a simple cake that comes with pecan and brown sugar streusel toppings and undoubtedly, this is the best part of the cake. I did not reduce the sugar in the recipe, yes, it is sweet but not too sweet that i'm fine with it. I also scaled the recipe down by half and turned them into muffin sized cakes. The streusel did turned out a little too much for my smaller cakes but i just used it all up, hence i think my streusel toppings are a little overloaded..hehe..

I realised that i only have 15 mins up to put up this post and i must do it now and also after this, i will be away for a week so i hope to catch up with my blogging friends when i come back. To view the group baking, you can click here and for the full recipe, kindly refer to Mich's blog. Bye!




21 comments:

  1. Dear Lena, I love streusel toppings on my muffins and cakes. This looks lovely and I know I would enjoy one very much. Blessings dear, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love much the streusel topping. It makes the muffin look extra yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cupcakes look so cheery in their floral liners and bubbly streusel toppings! Have a good holiday, Lena!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is indeed a lovely cake... i like your idea of turning them into little muffins... yummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love pecans and yours is loaded with it! yummy! Happy Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lena, love all your mini size of pecan streusel coffee cake as they look extra cute in tiny cupcake liners!enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that this yummy cake turn into muffin. Love the beautiful topping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the streusel toppings. Made the muffins look even more attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my...the streusel toppings looked so inviting and they looked extremely cute on the little cuppies^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Howdy Lena dear! I think I've been away too long already huh. haha... Need to spend more time visiting everyone. How have you been? You sounded quite busy recently. However, love your little cakes.
    Hope you're having a lovely day.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow that thick layer of streusel is killing me!! Save me one, please!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lena,
    Wow, the streusel looks like popcorn at a glance! Haha! The more streusel, the better it is! I like the streusel with the pecan nuts too!
    Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lena, I'm totally drooling over your fabulous and super delicious coffee cake...love, love the streusel topping and the cute little cup holders; everyone can have their individual pieces...I sure would love to have a piece right now with my morning coffee. Thanks for sharing...a must make very soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you did these as cupcakes and your cup cake papers are so cute. I just did a blueberry coffeecake (will be on the blog in a week or so) and wanted to try cupcakes but chickened out. Hope you are away doing something nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lena,
    These are such cute muffins!
    Love love love the overloaded streusel and pecans!
    How I wish I can a muffin from you now :D
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  16. of course the topping is my favorite part and I have honestly never seen a topping before on this type of cake that looks that good! WOW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lena!
    Those cupcakes sure wouldn't be safe around here, lol...Marion would devour each and every one. She just loves Streusel anything not to mention pecan and all kinds of cupcakes! See what I mean:)

    I hope you are enjoying your away time Lena BUT, I also hope you will be back in time for the Picnic Game. I just posted the kick-off yesterday but, the letters are going really fast this year. Hurry home:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The top of the cupcakes look so crunchy, I love it, nice bake, Lena.

    ReplyDelete