Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pumpkin Butter Cake



Do check out the participating links over at Jozelyn's blog here if you have not. There are many many nice bakes that i've been wanting to try..also some new recipes that i hope to try ..eg the Magic Custard Cake, Wu Pau Chun Bread, i already seen a few at the links there and also getting popular it seems the Japanese Condensed Milk Bread..there a few there too. Those bloggers are so quick! Well, i'm keen to do too but i know my actions are very slow....When i feel like making something, i always end up doing something else..just like this pumpkin butter cake. It was an instant bake when i saw part of the pumpkin which i got before i went on the trip starting to get soft. Although it was an unintended bake, it was good. The cake is very nice, comes with a faint sweet flavour of pumpkin..i had used a little less of the original recipe cos that's all i got . Moist and buttery, i think you will like it too.


Recipe ( from Table for 2 ..or more )
Ingredients
200gm sugar
200gm butter
seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean ( omitted )
5 large eggs
300gm cake flour sifted together with 1tsp baking powder
200gm soft steamed pumpkin flesh ( all i had was 160gm )
pumpkin seeds for garnishing

Directions
Preheat oven to 160C fan forced/180C . Line a 8 inch square pan.

Beat sugar, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add in half of the sifted flour, beat on low speed until well combined. Put in the pumpkin and beat until all mushed up. Put in remaining flour and beat until just combined.

Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Bake for 50 mins or until done when tested with skewer.



I am linking this post to Little Thumbs Up ( June 2014: Butter Theme ) event organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Joyzelyn of Spice Up My Kitchen

25 comments:

  1. Wish I could find some pumpkin at this time of year...the butter cake looks very beautiful, Lena.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena. This is such a pretty cake! I would like to try making it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lena, thanks for sharing this moist and buttery pumpkin butter cake ^-^!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lena, love the golden colour of this pumpkin butter cake! pretty clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lena your pumpkin cake looks so buttery and moist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lena!
    I don't know what it is about Pumpkin. It always reminds me of cold and Halloween. Too bad though because after all, it is a gourd and it is available in cans all year long.

    I'm mighty tempted after seeing your golden Pumpkin Butter Cake. It sounds lovely too:) I amy just need to save this recipe for the future!

    Thank you so much for sharing, Lena...

    P.S. I'm so sorry you didn't make it for the Picnic Game. I can't wait to "see" you at the round-up though. I'll save lots of room on my blanket for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty and looks so moist Lena. I love how tall it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Lena! Welcome back! Me too, when I would like to bake something, always end up something else...heeheehee 三心两意...

    Nice pumpkin cake...your post remind me that I still have 1/4 pumpkin that I bought last week but have yet to use it...

    Thanks for linking to LTU and looking forward for more link up from you before the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Lena, I really love your golden in colour pumpkin cake and the texture looks good and moist!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, indeed the golden colour texture makes this cake can be called golden cake. I know this cake taste really good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lena....I've also baked this! very very moist and buttery but yet to post up hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look of your pumpkin cake, the crumbs are so fine! I think I have a piece of pumpkin in the fridge too:P I too more often than not, ended up baking something out of impulse and my to do list will end up getting longer lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Though i am not a big fan of pumpkins, i like the color of your cake and the toppings :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lena, I'm sure there are many of us here are just like you. Now that I have seen your pumpkin butter cake and want to do it right now . But I don't know whether this will be my next bake.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, love all those shots! And not forgetting the pumpkin cake!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to try baking pumpkin cake but my family dies not like pumpkins.. Your cake looks moist n yummy Lena

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lena, your Pumpkin Butter Cake is not only beautiful, but super elegant, and I would love that slice right now...craving for it, seriously! So moist and delicious; who says we can't have pumpkin goodies all year round? Photo is superb, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lena, to-bake-list, waiting list, simply too many list to follow.. haha..
    Your pumpkin butter cake looks really delicious. This is in my to-bake-list too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It has been so long since I've last eaten a pumpkin butter cake. Your cake looks really moist and delicious. Pass that plate over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Lena,

    There are heaps of good and popular recipes floating around to be cooked and baked these days and I'm finding hard to catch up with everyone :p

    Now, you are tempting me to bake your pumpkin butter cake for pumpkin LTU :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Lena

    This is so beautiful!!! Looking at your photos, I wanted to reach out and grab a slice!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice cake!
    I would like to try it,thanks Lena.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so pretty with it's pale orange tint. I think I may have to try it when fall arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love everything with pumpkin, pumpkin butter cake sounds great.

    ReplyDelete